Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- 1 cup boiled chana daal
- 2 whole cardamom(elaichi)
- 2 whole cloves(laung)
- 1 inch cinnamon(dal chini)
- 1 big tomato finely chopped
- 1 medium sized onion finely chopped
- 3-4 green chillies finely chopped(you can adjust it according to your taste)
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- Salt according to taste
- 1 tsp turmeric powder(haldi)
- Red Chilli powder according to taste
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves for garnishing
- 2 tbsp refined oil
- 1.5 cup water
Step 1: Add oil in a kadhai and when oil is hot enough then add cardamom,cloves and cinnamon and saute it for about a minute.
Step 2: Now add green chilies and ginger and stir it nicely.Add onion and saute it till it turns golden brown in color.
Step 3: Add tomatoes and stir it nicely.Now add salt,turmeric powder,red chilli powder,coriander powder,cumin powder and garam masala and mix nicely.Keep the gas in medium heat.
Step 4: Let the gravy cook nicely till all the tomatoes are broken and you get a good consistency of the gravy.
Step 5: When the gravy is cooked nicely then add boiled chana daal and mix nicely.Now add water and let the curry simmer for about 10 minutes in medium heat.Garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves and serve with any bread of your choice.Enjoy !!
You can make this sabji without onion also.Just omit onion out of the ingredients,rest everything is same.It taste very good without onion also.
Please share your comments, feel free to post / email me your queries or if you need any additional details.